Search in title
Search in content
Search in comments
Filter by Content Type
Jobs
Resource Listings
Events
Products

Ideas for Gaining Experience in The Career Counseling Field?

Homepage – ContactPoint Forums Group Forums ContactPoint members Ideas for Gaining Experience in The Career Counseling Field?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Meghan Unick 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Meghan Unick
    Participant

Hello All!

I may have posted on this before years ago, and my apologies if I am repeating myself! My name is Meghan and I am a (fairly) new university graduate who still has an interest in becoming a career counselor in the future. Because of my interest in helping students in a university or college, I have always been advised to pursue a Masters in Counseling Psychology, even though very little of the curriculum is focused on career development.

What I wanted to ask all of you more experienced professionals out there is this: are there any other pathways/courses/programs you would recommended I pursue to enter into this field? What types of work or volunteer experiences would you recommend to gain experience in this area? I would greatly appreciate any advice and information you have to offer. Thanks so much! – Meghan U.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar