What’s New – Updates and Information from ContactPoint and CERIC
A Quarterly Publication of Contact Point
- Searching for Employment: Challenges for People with Disabilities
- Gaining Meaningful Employment: A Job Seeker’s Perspective
- Mapping a Way to Success: A Career Counselling Perspective on Learning Disabilities by Sheila Mulhern and Peter Rattan
- EmployAbilities: Putting Abilities to Work by Mahenaz Layton
- Practitioner’s Corner: Is a Driver’s License the New Barrier to Employment? by Denise Feltham
- Snapshot: The Canadian Centre on Disability Studies (CCDS) by Robb Nickel
- New Programs and Initiatives Abilities Plus by Margaret Hardy
- Upcoming Events and Important Dates
- Publications + Products
- Regional Voices
- Book Club
- Hot Sites
In the Fall of 2004, Contact Point conducted a survey to find out how we can continue to provide career practitioners with the information and support they need to do their jobs better. We asked participants to provide a list of topics or subject areas they would like to see on Contact Point. In response to the feedback received from survey respondents, this issue of the Bulletin features new articles on the challenges people with disabilities face when seeking employment and strategies they utilize to overcome these obstacles.
Please send your comments and suggestions to ContactPoint; there are a number of ways to reach us:
e-mail: email@example.com tel: 416.929.9668
Our mailing address:
18 Spadina Rd., Suite 200
Toronto, ON. M5R 2S7
All submitted materials become the property of the Contact Point Bulletin. We reserve the right to edit all submissions for length and content. Views expressed by practitioners are not necessarily those of Contact Point. Mention of programs, services, products and initiatives is not an endorsement of these items.
Contact Point is supported by The Counselling Foundation of Canada.