Date(s) - 27/04/2017
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Magnet, in partnership with the YMCA of Greater Toronto Area, will present key facts about the Syrian refugees who have settled in Greater Toronto. Nearly 7,000 Syrian refugees came to Toronto between November 2015 and November 2016.
To date, there has been tremendous interest in hiring Syrian refugees. However, there has been a lack of detail on what this cohort has to offer in terms of demographic characteristics, skills and educational background.
This webinar will provide participants with an increased understanding of these Syrian refugees and their wealth of talent. It will inform employers and recruiters how to access this population to meet their labour force needs.
- Gain an overview of key facts and figures in regards to Syrian refugees in the GTA
- Understand the language proficiency of Syrian refugees: on-arrival and now
- Understand the educational qualifications of Syrian refugees: Secondary and Post-Secondary Education
- Access untapped talent with highly skilled occupational qualification and experience
- Learn about tools and resources for employers to recruit and retain Internationally trained professionals.
Who should attend?
HR managers, generalists, department managers, business owners, community organizations and government departments.