Date(s) - 30/11/2017
Call for Programs
2017 Annual Conference
Customizing Career Services: Issues and Challenges
May 22 – 25, 2017 Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City, Philippines
APCDA invites you to share and showcase your professional expertise, research, or successful practices. The Asia Pacific region represents diverse nations where career planning services are rapidly expanding. In 2017, APCDA will focus on the uniqueness of each of the countries in our region. Please consider how you have customized theories and practices to better meet the needs of your clients and your culture. We also welcome information about workforce issues in your country or this region as a whole.
The deadline for proposals: November 30, 2016
Official Conference Language: All presentations will be in English. No translation services will be provided.
A/V Equipment/Internet Connections: The Conference will provide a digital projector and Internet access.
Handouts: Presenters are responsible for providing handouts. You will be notified 2 weeks in advance of expected number of attendees. Please prepare handouts in advance of the conference. On-site photocopying is not available. We will also ask for your handouts as an electronic file to post on the website
after the conference.
Program Selection Process: The APCDA Conference Program Committee will review all proposals. Final decisions will be based on quality, intended audience, and relation to the conference theme. The presentation chair will be notified via email of acceptance or rejection of the proposal no later than Friday, December 16, 2017. If you do not receive an email notification of your acceptance or decline from APCDA by December 16, please contact Info@AsiaPacificCDA.org.
Requested Topic: The APCDA Board is especially interested in panels speaking on best practices in the Asia Pacific region. Priority will be given to proposals for panel discussions.
Submissions should be a Word document in outline form, attached to an email to Info@AsiaPacificCDA.org.
Your certification of attendance (item 7 below) should be copied into the email so that your name on the email indicates your agreement. Please do not send PDF files.
All Proposals Must Include the Following Information:
1. Title: (100 characters or less)
2. Program Abstract: (100 words or less, for the conference program)
3. Detailed Description: (300 words or less)
4. Presenter Contact Information:
a. Name, title, institution/organization
b. Address, city, state, postal code, country
e. Bio: a short description of the presenter’s professional history, 100 words or less
Please include this information for each presenter.
5. Program Length: (choose one of the following)
b. 20 minute research summary
c. 40 minute presentation
6. Topic category: (choose one of the following)
a. Career planning, development, or job placement in a school setting (elementary or secondary)
b. Career planning, development, or job placement in a college or university setting
c. Career planning, development, job placement, or coaching with adults
d. Labor market, workforce, and economic changes anticipated in the future
e. International careers
f. Research summary
g. Other – please specify
7. Certification of attendance:
(Copy this section to the email when you submit your proposal, and “sign” the email with your name, to indicate your acceptance of these terms.)
• I understand that I, and all other presenters, must register for the Asia Pacific Career Development Association and pay the appropriate conference fee(s) by Monday, April 24, 2017.
• I understand that I will furnish handouts if I am selected. I understand and commit to present the topic which I have submitted.
• Should my content include resources which are available for sale, I understand I cannot sell items during a presentation and only by the purchase of an exhibitor table am I entitled to sell resources.
• I understand and adhere to all of the above and should I not adhere to any portion of this statement
APCDA has the right to cancel my program immediately.
We look forward to receiving your proposal!
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
See the conference flyer for the schedule, registration fees, and other information.