|Company Name||COTSI Immigrant Services|
|Location||Toronto, ON, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2013|
|Skills/Keywords||job creation, job searching, training programs|
Youth Employment Fund is a new initiative to assist youth gain paid placements which will lead to sustainable employment
This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week***
- Conducts active outreach to employers to promote the Youth Employment Fund and Job Matching and Support Services.
- Develops paid placement opportunities for youth in need of employment placement and training.
- Conducts employability assessments with clients using Employment Service suitability indicators, potential employer requirements and labour market opportunities.
- Obtains and interprets the results of in-depth career and employment assessments for clients using formal assessment tools or external testing resources, interprets collected data to assist clients in developing their Employment Service Plans.
- Provides employment counselling services to un-/under-employed disadvantaged youth and adults.
- Follows up with clients and monitors their progress to ensure employment service plans and placement agreements are met
- Maintains complete case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed.
- Conducts on site monitoring of placements and addresses issues with employer and client to ensure successful completion of placement.
- Collaborates with Business Liaison regarding employer contacts/labour market conditions and client placement options.
- Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers.
- Promotes the Youth Employment Fund and Job Matching and Placement Incentive services to organizations that provide services to youth between 15 – 29 years of age.
- Liaises with community agencies, other youth serving organizations, boards of trade and professional groups for labour market and occupational information as a program resource.
- Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long term impact.
- Facilitates structured individual, small group workshops to develop effective job search strategies.
- Writes rationales for clients seeking Youth Employment Fund, Job Matching and Placement Services, Second Career, Self-Employment Benefit, Job Creation and other training opportunities.
- Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of their Second Career and other training Applications.
- Organizes job fairs, employer and special events as needed.
- Facilitates networking/special speaker events to support and motivate employed clients and supports career advancement.
- Achieves contractual Ministry objectives and targets.
- Community College diploma or equivalent, preference will be given to those with Career and Work diploma.
- Minimum 9 months full-time employment counselling experience with a caseload that focuses on serving youth at risk.
- Demonstrated experience placing youth at risk in paid placements.
- Must have strong case management and client employment service plan development skills.
- Knowledge of job creation programs, education and training programs and subsidized training programs.
- Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
- Experience in outreaching to youth, internationally trained professional, apprentices employers and the community.
- Thorough knowledge of job search techniques.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of current computer packages: word, email, internet, access is required.
- Level B Certification in Career Assessment tools is considered an asset.
- Some evenings may be required.
- Car is necessary as frequent travel is required in the GTA.
***Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATION: Caledonia Employment Services
700 Caledonia Road, Toronto
DURATION: October 7, 2013 – March 31, 2014
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $23.62 to $25.42 (or remain at current salary)
POSTING DATE: September 17, 2013
CLOSING DATE: September 30, 2013
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #61-13
and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto ON M6E 3P2
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 416-658-8537
“We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.”