|Location||Caledonia, ON, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2014|
|Skills/Keywords||student, social science, youth employment|
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, rehabilitation and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org
Summer Jobs Service program provides students with the opportunity to gain work experience during the summer months. Employers can access $2 per hour wage subsidy to hire motivated students who are ready to work.
These are non-Union, temporary contract positions, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Provides intake, assessment, employment counselling and job placement for students seeking summer employment.
- Supports students in accessing information and resources to gain knowledge and skills to find summer employment.
- Assists students in developing resumes, conducting effective job search and preparing for job interviews.
- Responsible for recruitment and marketing of the Summer Jobs Service program to students and employers.
- Conducts outreach and delivers information sessions to students at schools and various community centres.
- Responsible for worksite assessments, completing employer contracts and monitoring job placements.
- Collects and completes employer claims accurately and ensures that program guidelines are followed.
- Liaises with community agencies, local schools and other youth serving organizations to meet program targets.
- Collects program data and compiles statistical and written reports required by funder and the agency.
- Community College or University student in Social Science program or related field.
- Knowledge of local labour market needs and youth employment issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with you and the ability to relate to youth.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to work in a faced paced environment.
- Knowledge of multicultural community and sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural background.
- Verbal and written fluency in English. The ability to speak another language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Internet, Email and Windows environment software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in working with youth, employers and the community.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Must have access to a car, required to travel to schools and employer sites.
LOCATION: 700 Caledonia Road, Toronto
DURATION OF POSITION: April 7, 2014 to August 31, 2014
HOURLY RATE: $11.00 to $13.00 per hour depending on experience
POSTING DATE: March 19, 2014
CLOSING DATE: April 1, 2014
If you are interested, please quote Reference #15-14 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, ON M6E 3P2
Fax: 416-658-8537 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.”
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community.