|Location||Caledonia, ON, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2014|
|Keywords||employment counselling, youth, leadership|
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, rehabilitation and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org
This is a non-Union contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week
- Coordinates program activities and provides leadership to Summer Jobs Services team in order to meet program targets.
- Monitors financial and administrative systems and procedures.
- Provides intake, assessment and job placement for students seeking summer employment.
- Markets Youth Services programs to students, employers and the community.
- Negotiates employer contracts, monitors training subsidies and ensures that program guidelines are followed.
- Schedules and facilitates as well as monitors the delivery of on-site and offsite pre-employment and Job Maintenance workshops.
- Responsible for client/employer monitoring and worksite assessments.
- Researches and compiles up-to-date information on various apprenticeship/trades and related labour market conditions.
- Compiles written and statistical reports required by funder and agency.
- Liaises with community agencies, local schools and other youth serving organizations.
- Community College diploma or equivalent, preference will be given to those with a Career and Work Diploma.
- Must have 1 year experience coordinating an SJS program.
- Must have 6 months experience delivering pre-employment workshops to youth and 6 months experience working directly with employers.
- Must have experience working with high schools, school-to-work transition and OYAP.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. This includes evenings and weekends as required.
- Experience in working with youth in an employment service environment.
- Strong coordination, organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of Internet, Email and Windows environment.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Verbal and written fluency in English, ability to speak another language would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the delivery of pre-employment and Job Maintenance workshops.
- Must have access to a car.
LOCATION: 700 Caledonia Road
DURATION OF POSITION: April 7, 2014 to November 30, 2014
SALARY: $45,680 to $49,165 + Benefits
POSTING DATE: March 19, 2014
CLOSING DATE: April 1, 2014
Priority consideration will be given to those on notice of recall.
Open to Union members who wish to apply on a Secondment basis.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #16-14 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, ON M6E 3P2
Fax: (416)658-8537 or Email: email@example.com
“We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.”
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community.