|Company Name||YWCA Hamilton|
|Location||Hamilton, ON, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 18, 2014|
|Keywords||Faciliation and presentation skills, coaching, mentoring|
· Must have a valid diploma in Career Development, Job Development, Human Resources or Labour Studies or a combination of related work and academic experience
· Must have excellent presentation and facilitation skills
· Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset
· Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook
· Must be able to work various hours of days, afternoons, evenings and weekends
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive /anti-racist perspective
· Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check or willingness to obtain at own cost
· Must have current Emergency First Aid/CPR or willingness to obtain at own time and cost
· Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values
· Performs all Marketing and Outreach activities to recruit clients
· Performs Intakes and Assessments as prescribed by program guidelines
· Refers clients to partner organizations and coordinates client activities at third parties
· Develops Return to Work Action Plans with clients
· Provides employment and career development advisement
· Facilitates employment-related workshops
· Sources and secures employment opportunities and market clients to employers
· Performs coaching and mentoring activities with clients
· Documents all activities in client file and specialized database
· Provides accurate and timely reports
· Works as a member of the team to support clients’ readiness for employment and self-employment programs and activities
· Works as a member of the team to fulfill the objectives of the program and department
· Work safely, report all workplace hazards and follow all YWCA Hamilton Health and Safety policies and procedures,
· Be familiar and adhere to the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety Insurance Board Act (WSIA), Human Rights and Employment Standards Act
· Participate in annual health & safety training provided by the YWCA;
· Perform other duties as required
This is a contract position which ends in October 2014. The hours are 37.5 per week. Please visit the YWCA Hamilton website for the job posting and description.
Please submit resume and covering letter to by email, fax or mail to YWCA Hamilton. Please quote job code : 21-MESMBP-2014. The closing date to apply is March 31, 2014 by 4pm.
Mail: YWCA Hamilton, 75 MacNab St. S. Hamilton, ON L8P 3C1
- Employer Liaison/Career Specialist posted 2 days ago.
- Job Developer/ Outreach Worker posted 6 days ago.
- Coordinator, Employment Services posted 6 days ago.
- Employment Coach posted 8 days ago.
- Employment/Outreach Counsellor (Contract), YWCA JUMP Scarborough posted 8 days ago.