|Company Name||YMCA of Niagara|
|Location||St. Catharines, ON, Canada|
|Date Posted||November 8, 2013|
|Keywords||hiring and training, employment development, marketing|
Starting Salary: $45,260.80 - $59,300.80 plus full YMCA benefits
Full time position including days, evenings and weekends
This is a contract position funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Post Secondary Education in Business Management or Social Sciences (Minimum requirement is Diploma)
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years managing programs that require attainment of measureable outcomes
- Minimum 3 years experience in a government funded environment. Has a solid understanding of government funding protocols and procedures
- Ability to lead complex staff teams with varying levels of responsibilities (10+ staff)
- Minimum 2 years experience in managing budgets
- Valid driver’s license
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (within 1 year from date of search)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer communication skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to handle a large workload, project deadlines and to cope with stress
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, orientation and performance management of Employment Services staff. Total of 13 – 15 Employment Program staff
- Provide final decisions for Second Career, Placements, Training Supports and budgets specific to these functions
- Support the Director in preparation of annual budgets and audits
- To promote and maintain open dialogue with Employment Ontario Consultant (MTCU).
- Manage all data tracking systems to ensure accuracy and clear statistical analysis of said data on a monthly basis
- Provide support to short-term staff that work within Employment Services for limited funded programs; Ready Set Know, Labour Market Specific programming
- Maintain Service Coordination with shared space partners to ensure effective tracking and evaluation of partnerships
- Oversee program budget ($1,800,000)
- Analyze monthly financial information and adjust planning/program delivery as appropriate
- Develop and implement marketing plans for program in collaboration with the Director and Marketing Dept.
- Other duties as required
- Results Oriented: The ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals
- Quality Focus: Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement within the Employment Ontario program and the Employment and Newcomer Services Department
- Problem Solving: Identifies an issue and works towards a solution
- Initiative: Does the right thing at the right time without being asked
- Leadership: guides, motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes
- Managing Change: Initiates and manages change to achieve the strategic outcomes of the YMCA Employment Ontario Program
- Outcome Thinking: Visualizes, understands and articulates YMCA Employment Ontario outcomes and formulates strategies, plans and actions for achievement
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals
- Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers and self in continuous learning and development
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid
By noon on November 18th, 2013
F: (905) 646-4213
Please indicate position and location applying for in the subject line of your email.
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted which will occur by email.
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: http://www.ymcaofniagara.org
- Assistant Director of Complementary Services (Special Education) posted about 1 month ago.
- Program Coordinator posted about 10 hours ago.
- EO Employment Advisor posted about 10 hours ago.
- Labour Market Coordinator posted about 10 hours ago.
- Job Developer posted 1 day ago.