Website Job Skills
Job Skills is a non-profit organization, dedication to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
Youth Job Connection Program will assist Northern York Region Youth (between the ages of 15 to 29) facing multiple barriers to achieve long term employment, meaningful careers and success in their future working lives.
The program will provide participants with assessment and career development services, to increase their knowledge of job and career options, the job market and themselves.
In addition, opportunity to develop employability skills, training and work experience to increase their readiness for employment, support in their transition to employment or additional training or education, during and after the program.
Youth Job Connection Program provides a highly specialized set of services that can be customized to the participants needs. This consists of 4 components including client service planning and coordination, pre-employment services, job matching placement and incentive, education and work transition support.
The Youth Employment Consultant works in consultation with the Youth Job Connection team to develop and monitor Employment Service Plans. S/he will conduct assessments of individuals’ employability dimensions to determine suitability for services under the YJC program. S/he will make appropriate referrals both internally and externally to community services to support successful Service Plan completion. S/he will assist clients in achieving employment goals by providing individual employment counseling including but not limited to Pre-Employment, Job Maintenance, Job Search, Career Decision Making, etc.
Client Service Planning and Coordination (Case Management)
- Works collaboratively with individuals to complete an Employment Service Plan.
- Interviews clients to obtain employment history, educational background, career goals etc. using the Employability Assessment Model.
- Identifies barriers to employment and assist clients to develop job readiness skills and job search strategies.
- Assesses need for additional assistance for client supports such as rehabilitation, financial aid and/or further vocational training and makes appropriate referrals.
- Supports and monitors clients as they progress through their Employment Service Plan.
- Liaises with job development services, facilitation team, administration team, government departments and other social, employment and community agencies on mutual clients as needed to facilitate clients’ progress.
- Support clients in accessing programs such as literacy training, EOES Programs, and community referrals and supports including specialized programs for multi barriered youth.
- Follows-up with clients at appropriate intervals to assess progress and record outcomes.
- Provides one on one counseling to assist clients in the achievement of their employment goals as identified through the Client Service Planning and Coordination process.
- Counseling Assistance to be provided in the areas of: Pre-Employment, Job Maintenance, Job Search, Career Decision Making, or other identified employment needs.
- Administers standardized assessments to determine client interests, aptitudes and abilities
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to clients throughout their enrollment in the program.
Targeted Employer Engagement
- Identify needs/issues of employers and suggest and develop solutions in conjunction with ES management team
- Identify employers who are prepared to dedicate resources to joint ventures (Champions) and communicate this to management
- Actively promote all Job Skills programs and service
- Supports the Facilitation Team through “on-call” delivery of seminars and workshops to clients, both in-house and as part of outreach strategies on an as needed fill-in basis.
- Participates in community activities and job fairs.
- Networks with community and employment agencies as required.
- Conducts outreach to clients and employers as necessary.
- Enters accurate client data into EOIS and CaMs
- Track client activity and liaise with finance to ensure accurate client reimbursement for stipend
- Maintains file notes and appropriate documentation about clients’ progress
- Completes paperwork required for clients to access training
- Writes weekly reports and trends analysis
- Attends staff meetings and participates in reporting and decision-making as required.
- Identifies professional development needs and participates in training opportunities.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education preferably in Career and Work Counseling and/or Social Services, and/or a combination of education and relevant work related experience
- Certification in Life Skills Coaching, Personality Dimensions, and Common Assessment Training Level I & II, Level B Certified in the delivery of employability assessments
- Extensive work experience in Employment Services/Counseling field in private and/or public sector
- At least two years recent, related experience in employment counseling, group counseling, and/or providing job-search assistance
- Experience working with multi-barriered clients, demonstrating a non-judgmental and positive approach to challenges
- Solid knowledge of all facets of job search and career development techniques and practices
- Experience in facilitating/workshop delivery in an adult educational environment
- Energetic communicator with ability to inspire clients
- Strong outreach, organizational, team work and interpersonal skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent time-management ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Working knowledge of another language would be a strong asset
- Self-directed, results-oriented team player
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Candidates must be able to work with a diverse population, have a valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location
All Job Skills employees employed under an Employment Ontario Employment Services Agreement will deliver services in accordance with the agreement, service guidelines, performance and accountability requirements, standards and the community service plan.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodation is available to persons with disabilities, upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
130 Davis Drive, Unit 14
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1