Website Job Skills
F/T Contract Opportunity (35 Hours/Week)
Based at the Keswick Employment Services & Programs Location
Are you looking for an organization that is client focused, ethical, performance driven and believes in the personal growth of its staff? Do you want to work for a forward thinking not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly adding to its programs and services in a way that is dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community?
Job Skills is currently looking for a dynamic and results driven Youth Employment Consultant/Job Developer who is inspired by making a positive impact on lives of Youth and the community they live in.
As an Employment Consultant/Job Developer with the new Youth Job Connection Program, you will be given the opportunity to work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting Youth in achieving their employment goals. In this new and exciting role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience in counseling youth and working directly with business/employers. Along with supporting the youth to achieve their goals, the role also requires you to engage employers and develop strategic relationships.
If you have the following we want to meet with you!
As an Youth Employment Consultant/Job Developer you will:
- Utilize your strong interview and assessment skills with the youth to obtain and understand relevant background information, career goals, barriers to employment to assist clients to develop job readiness skills and job search strategies.
- Motivate your Youth clients by working collaboratively with them, providing one-on-one counseling to assist the youth in the achievement of their employment goals, as identified through the Case Management process
- Through discovery assess need for additional assistance (rehabilitation, financial aid, vocational training, placement, etc) and be knowledgeable of community and social services resources to make the appropriate referrals
- Strategically engage Employers and develop meaningful relationships utilizing your strong sales, marketing and communications skills.
As a Youth Employment Consultant/Job Developer you will have the following:
- Post-secondary education preferably in a Social Services related field, and/or a combination of education and relevant work related experience
- Related experience, including Sales, Marketing, Recruitment, Job Coaching and/or Development would be considered a strong asset
- Experience working with multi-barriered Youth clients, demonstrating a non-judgmental and positive approach to challenges
- Experience in facilitating/workshop delivery in an adult educational environment
Please indicate the position title in the E-mail subject line.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodation is available for persons with disabilities, upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
14-130 Davis Drive
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1