Website VPI Inc.
Founded in 1988, VPI has provided working solutions to individuals and organizations for more than 25 years. We are based in Mississauga and have 11 branch locations across Southern Ontario.
We provide employment programs, assessments and supportive vocational services that help residents of Ontario improve job readiness, explore training and get back to work.
As a service provider for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD), we facilitate several Employment Ontario programs to help job seekers find work and training opportunities. We also work directly with employers who are looking to hire. These free programs and services are provided at no cost to job seekers or employers.
What We Are Looking for:
Full Time Student Job Specialist
The Student Job Specialist is responsible for educating students about the local labour market and supporting them in finding meaningful employment.
The successful candidate will have a passion for working with youth and supporting young people in achieving their short and long-term goals. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with a demonstrated ability to consistently meet targets. To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable with automation, and focus on improving processes and efficiencies. You possess integrity and a strong work ethic. You are a highly motivated, results-driven and dependable team player.
Key Job Functions
- Foster close relationships with high schools, alternative schools and youth serving agencies near VPI branches
- Support activities within local schools and the local community including providing information and resources regarding local jobs for students.
- Promote VPI services to, students, guidance counselors, teachers, youth workers, community groups, parents, employers and other stakeholders
- Provide information on existing employment resources and supports related to student employment.
- Identify, assess and register students for the Youth Job Link (YJL) program
Match YJL students to positions available within the community
- Coordinate efforts in the schools and local community to support the Youth Job Connection (YJC) Summer program intake for YJC branches
- Facilitating information sessions and job search related workshops to students
- Provide 1:1 job coaching with students, assessing motivation, supporting students through independent job search activities, coaching students in job interview strategies,
- Complete the administration of program requirements (including file closures, follow-up activities, etc.);
- Work closely with the Business Development Unit to seamlessly and effectively assist youth in obtaining meaningful employment
- Track, monitor and achieve individual targets, and support in achieving targets.
- Keep current with prevailing labour market conditions, demands and expectations, as well as new developments within local and regional labour markets.
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Diploma or Degree in social work, education, human services or related discipline
- Two years’ experience working with multibarriered, at risk and/or youth with disabilities
- Experience with marketing and outreach activities, strategies, tools and performance metrics
- Ability to work in an efficient manner with a high degree of independence
- Experience providing direct coaching for youth and students with varying needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build lasting professional relationships with employers and job seekers.
- A positive attitude contributing to a constructive and satisfying team work environment by living the VPI core values
- Ability to travel frequently between branches and within the local community
- Strong understanding of local labour market and community supports available to youth.
- The ability to manage a flexible schedule dependent on activities
- A vehicle with a valid driver’s license and insurance
- Experience with motivational interviewing an asset
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes via the link below.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
VPI is committed to accessibility for all Ontarians. Please advise us if you have any accommodation requirements during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=vpiINC&jobId=128528&lang=en_CA&source=CC3 →