Website VPI Inc.
Founded in 1988, VPI has provided working solutions to individuals and organizations for more than 25 years. We are based in Mississauga and have 11 branch locations across Southern Ontario.
We provide employment programs, assessments and supportive vocational services that help residents of Ontario improve job readiness, explore training and get back to work.
As a service provider for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD), we facilitate several Employment Ontario programs to help job seekers find work and training opportunities. We also work directly with employers who are looking to hire. These free programs and services are provided at no cost to job seekers or employers.
What We Are Looking For:
Full Time Supervisor, Student Services
The Supervisor, Student Services will provide leadership to the Student Strategy across VPI services under the direction of the Job Development Manager. This will include the planning and coordination of student services in communities where VPI branches are located. This role requires a dynamic individual who is an excellent relationship builder and has a strong drive for results.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Public Partnership Management Team to ensure Employment Ontario program performance measures are met across all VPI branches.
Key Job Functions
The Supervisor, Student Services will be responsible for the on boarding, training, supervision and coaching of Student Job Specialists and Youth Job Support Specialists to be successful in their roles.
- Fostering strong relationships with local schools, community groups, employers and stakeholders within the local community and providing information and support regarding jobs and related resources to students and youth.
- Working with the team to ensure that there are sufficient youth registered in the programs, in order to achieve the monthly targets.
- Meeting outcomes and ensuring that all financial and statistical information is accurately recorded in accordance with pre-established policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Placement Coordinator Team, as well as the Branch Managers, to ensure that employers are reimbursed on time and clients have access to personal supports when needed.
- Tracking and measuring program outcomes on a weekly and monthly basis; identifying problem areas and recommending remedial action.
- Reconciling of team tracking spreadsheets, ensuring the completion of program requirements (including file closures, follow-up activities, etc.); and ensuring that youth are matched to employment positions available within the community.
- Managing the financial and budgetary requirements of the program in accordance with prescribed spending practices.
- Timely completion of activity reports as required.
- Identifying and providing information to the Student Job Specialists and Youth Job Support Specialists on existing employment resources and supports related to youth and student employment
- Ensuring Student Job Specialists and Youth Job Support Specialists are aware of current labor market conditions, as well as new developments within local and regional labor markets
- Act as a backup support temporarily for vacant Student Job Specialists and Youth Job Support Specialists positions as required.
- Providing management and direction to the teams under the guidance of the Job Development Manager.
- Participating in the recruitment and selection process, on-boarding, progressive discipline and attending grievance meetings.
Working closely with the Job Development Manager to ensure the teams meet performance and attendance standards and to address any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Supporting the Job Development Manager, by taking ownership of the program, ensuring that it is delivered per established standards of quality and within budgetary allocations.
- Ensuring the programs are properly staffed and that employees are trained and supervised.
- Ensuring that Student Job Specialists and Youth Job Support Specialists understand and keep current with Employment Ontario Guidelines
- Others duties as needed to support the success of the program.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Minimum of a two-year (2) diploma in Business Administration, Social Services, Education and Training and or Marketing, Human Resources/Recruitment and Selection and/or Public Relations.
- 5+ years of experience in working with students/ youth in an education or employment setting
- Proven leadership skills and excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving ability
- Ability to direct and guide others in the decision-making process
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Proven track record in meeting targets
- Flexibility in scheduling as this position may require evening and evening work
- Strong oral, written and listening skills. The ability and willingness to discern and meet the needs of students.
- The ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes via the link below.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
VPI is committed to accessibility for all Ontarians. Please advise us if you have any accommodation requirements during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=vpiINC&jobId=128848&lang=en_CA&source=CC3 →