Website VPI Inc.
Founded in 1988, vpi has provided working solutions to individuals and organizations for more than 25 years. We are based in Mississauga and have 11 branch locations across Southern Ontario.
We provide employment programs, assessments and supportive vocational services that help residents of Ontario improve job readiness, explore training and get back to work.
As a service provider for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD), we facilitate several Employment Ontario programs to help job seekers find work and training opportunities. We also work directly with employers who are looking to hire. These free programs and services are provided at no cost to job seekers or employers.
What We Are Looking For:
Full Time Career Specialist in our Ajax branch
The Career Specialist is responsible for providing full-cycle and in-depth employment counseling on an individual and / or group basis while consistently meeting assigned targets.
To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable with automation, ever improving processes and efficiencies. You possess integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for helping others. You are a highly motivated, results-driven and dependable team player.
Key Job Functions
- Provide in depth career counseling on an individual and group basis
- Conduct intake processes and Needs Assessment utilizing Common Assessment techniques.
- Complete written reports in relation to activity, including individual career plans, in keeping with the pre-established standards and pre-determined time frame.
- Maintain real-time, accurate case notes in database according to internal policies/guidelines and the funders requirements
- Facilitate employment workshops, job fairs, employer sessions and other events to prepare clients to gain and maintain employment.
- Implement career plan and monitor and support client through to successful completion (case management)
- Critique clients’ self-marketing tools and refer to appropriate resources within the Centre.
- Maintain and share information on available community services, including all services available through MTCU, government ministries and agencies.
- Provide instruction, direction and technical support to clients regarding the available resources.
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A post secondary degree or diploma in Employment Counseling, Human Resources or related discipline
- Experience in employment counseling or related field will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of vocational evaluation, career exploration and case management is an asset
- Knowledge of local community resources for referral
- Excellent knowledge of local Labour Market
- Comfort inputting information directly into database during client interactions
- Comfort with automation, changing processes and efficiencies
- Strong written communication skills, including proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and networking skills
- Excellent facilitation, organization and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- The ability to direct, guide and motivate others
- Must have one of the following
– Diploma in a Career and Work Counsellor Program
– College Career Development Practitioner Certificate
– CRTWC or CDMP
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes via the attached link:
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
VPI is committed to accessibility for all Ontarians. Please advise us if you have any accommodation requirements during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=vpiINC&jobId=128508&lang=en_CA&source=CC3 →