TCET is a not for profit, progressive corporation.
JOB REQ. #: 2017-QCIC-055 1INT & 2EXT | Posted Externally: x Yes No
POSITION: Information Specialist, Employment Services
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time Regular positions
LOCATION: Don Mills
REPORTING TO: Sr. Coordinator, Employment Services
START DATE: May 8, 2017
ANNUAL SALARY: $35,500 to $41,496 per annum (depending on experience)
HOURS: 35 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Including some evenings & weekends)
SUMMARY: Don Mills Employment Services Centre is part of the network of service sites that operate under guidelines by Employment Ontario (EO). The Information Specialist position will work primarily to deliver service within the Resource and Information (RI) component of the Employment Services Model. The Information Specialist will work in a fast-paced, team environment to deliver customer-centric service that fulfils the obligations established under EO. Through their work with the team, Information Specialist will apply the range of informational, technological and administrative supports necessary to support the activities of customers and colleagues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keenly welcome & appropriately direct clients by applying a comprehensive knowledge of Employment Services and community programs and networks
- Handle walk in, telephone & website inquires; quickly assess customers initial employment service needs and effectively communicate relevant next steps
- Provide general direction and guidance to individuals and employers accessing the Resource & Information service with print and online information, resources and activities that support independent employability support;
- Conduct Resource & Information orientations for all registering clients and promote and administer the site event schedule
- Provide information on the labour market, careers and occupations, education, training and employment opportunities and career planning and job search strategies as well as EO program and service information
- Collect, review and evaluate client information with reference to the Resource & Information component under the Service Delivery Guidelines and refer individuals to the most appropriate service stream
- Provide guidance in developing a job search strategy, identifying and matching career interests, skills and aptitudes, developing interview techniques and preparing a resume and cover letter
- Assist with computer usage and Internet based services
- Support customer communication services such as email, voice mail and job boards.
- Support employers with their goals to attract & recruit employees and skilled labour
- Facilitate workshops and information sessions to job seekers, employers and others accessing the Employment Services
- Assist in the coordination of site and community events that meet the mandate of the Employment Service Model.
- Provide full range of Outreach activities maintaining outcome data and statistics. Track client inquiries, identify opportunities, and make recommendations related to improve services and to provide value-added services
- Support the Employment Service team with administrative services including general office administrative supports, data collection and entry, maintenance of databases, preparation of statistical reports
- Maintain an organized and productive work environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong team work, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Relevant Post-Secondary Education in related fields or a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a customer service capacity in the career services sector.
- Experience with facilitating and presenting to diverse audiences
- Solid administrative skills and demonstrated use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), various web browsers, Internet networks, on-line employment tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with EO clients, provide client orientation & overview of services
- Ability to adapt to new technology in a continuously improving and changing work environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Job Search strategies, current employment trends, labour market information and appropriate workplace behaviours
- In- depth knowledge of LMI research, job search resources, online employment tools to help clients conduct a self-directed job search
- Knowledge of MTCU programs & services in the Central Region
- Experience working with diverse cultures in a customer service capacity
- Ability to deliver service in both official languages (English/French) or other languages is considered an asset
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
To apply: All internal applicants please submit your covering letter and resume to the Human Resource Department via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 25, 2017 by 4:00 pm.
Please quote: 2017-QCIC-055 -1INT in the subject line of your email.
All external applicants please submit your covering letter and resume to Human Resource Department via Email: email@example.com by May 5, 2017 by 4:00 pm.
Please quote: 2017-QCIC-055- 2EXT in subject line of your email.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We will only consider complete applications. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT: The Centre for Education & Training (TCET) is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, TCET will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring supervisor upon scheduling your interview.