Reporting to the Director, Talent, this role in our national Talent & Capability CoE is accountable for coaching, supporting and leading our HR and Leader communities through the development planning process, including a consistent approach to learning needs assessment (LNA), in-house design or sourcing, delivery and measurement of focused and effective leadership development and employee development initiatives aligned with the achievement of the Canadian business strategy and talent development agenda.
This role requires strong internal learning & development consultation, learning needs analysis, design and program management for the development and delivery of bespoke and enterprise-wide leadership and employee development programs and initiatives anchored in the 70-20-10 development model.
You will partner with the Director, Talent, to support a global team focused on building a new approach to building leader capability throughout RSA globally, while locally coaching, leading, supporting and developing the HR Business Partner community and Leaders coast-to-coast to identify, prioritise and plan or deliver bespoke and enterprise-wide development initiatives in line with business objectives.
Who you are:
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role:
You are a seasoned, hands-on senior L&D professional with a deep toolkit in LNA, development planning, leadership development, group facilitation and learning program management. This includes experience advising and supporting the business to align to L&D policy on continuing education, professional development and formal training in line with business need. You thrive in fast paced environments of change and are seeking a hands-on, national L&D role within a CoE service delivery model where you can help drive a performance culture
Specifically, the responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
1. Relationship Building and Stakeholder Management: Collaborate and create positive relationships with key stakeholder groups, including a HR business partnering team and leadership teams, through appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives. Serve as the CoE point of contact for HR and leaders’ employee learning & development and leadership development.
2. Development Planning Support for HR and Leaders: consult with HRBPs and Leaders to develop, rollout and support a simple, consistent and effective approach to development planning, including a LNA tool to support the identification of bespoke team development needs, as well as tools and resources to support employees to plan, own and carry out their personal development plan (PDP) in line with performance, career and succession priorities.
3. Learning Needs Analysis: lead, coach and support HR Business Partners and Leader client groups to identify, assess and prioritise team and individual performance and development gaps – the specific knowledge, skills and attributes required for high performance.
4. Leadership Development: support work of a global, virtual team focused on building, implementing and embedding a new approach to building leader capability throughout RSA globally, while locally partnering with Director, Talent to engage key stakeholders on the leadership agenda to identify local leadership requirements for Canada, and managing talent development projects, processes and programs locally.
5. Employee Development: develop, maintain, enhance and communicate employee learning & development offering leverage the 70-20-10 development approach and through our LMS, ensuring Canada’s development solutions and e-learning offering is aligned to key business and organizational culture needs.
6. Program Design: program development and design lead for Talent CoE’s talent development agenda. Leveraging content and expertise from Group, responsible the local development and delivery, in full or in part, of bespoke and enterprise-wide leadership and employee development programs aligned to strategic priorities and anchored in the 70-20-10 development model. Identifies learning objectives that are high impact, measurable and aligned to key needed business and performance outcomes.
7. Program Management/Coordination: Responsible for end-to-end program coordination, delivery and management, including pre/post communication, stakeholder management, evaluation and sustainment – and ensuring learning activity leverages and is tracked in our LMS. Ensures programs are contributing to achieving business and talent development strategies. Develop and implement learning evaluation processes to evaluate initiative outcomes, providing stakeholders with management information (MI) and talent analytics.
8. Project and Vendor Management: Develops and manages effective project plans including budget and vendor management, maintaining accountability for local internal language, translation, customer focus and branding standards within agreed project timescales. Integrates organisation’s talent tools and processes, including mentorship, coaching, potential and 360’ throughout learning solutions.
9. Virtual Delivery: develop and delivers instructionally sound, engaging virtual Webex sessions and eLearning courseware based on established performance or learning objectives.
What you bring to this role:
• Undergraduate University Degree in business or HR management, including certification in Adult Learning.
• 6-8 years’ experience consulting within organisational learning, ideally within p&c insurance sector.
• Demonstrated ability to act as an internal consultant in support of COE mandate of providing a high level of consultative service to the HR team and to the business.
• Strong internal consulting skills enabling effective delivery of development solutions that support organization goals. Ability to share expertise to influence recommendations with internal clients.
• Significant knowledge in alternative learning modalities; web, collaboration sites, etc.
• Ability to design for multiple platforms; virtual, web-based, workshop, multi-media.
• Well-developed and proven project management, coaching and communication skills.
• Ability to build, manage and execute evaluation strategies to measure the impact of change of behaviour on the job / effectiveness of the development method.
• Creative, innovative thinker with the ability to find new solutions to challenges.
• Strong facilitation skills
• English/French bilingualism a key asset.
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line. RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email AODA@RSAGROUP.CA or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.