Website March of Dimes Canada
Location / Lieu: Halifax
Position / Poste: Program Assistant – Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services – (Full Time, Permanent)
Duties / Fonctions:
- Provide support to ensure all security requirements of the contract are adhered to include but not limited to site requirements, IT requirements of each site, as well as specific process adherence.
- Responsible for security clearance application and management for the CanVet Team as well as staff that work closely with CanVet and/or require a Protection B level security clearance.
- Provide critical analysis of assessment information to assessment team and participate in the development of hypothesis and planning for current and subsequent service plans.
- Coordinate assessment referrals to roster of approved Assessors and/or obtaining and negotiating Assessor services in required areas nationally
- Collaborate with the National Rehab Manager to ensure appropriate fees and service delivery adheres to contract obligations.
- Complete report trackers on a regular basis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve CanVet claims for all teams where required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Employers seeking to hire a Veteran by servicing their HR job distribution needs nationally.
- Provide CanVet training on entire claim and financial requirements as well as authorization process.
- Produce reports to facilitate the overall function of the program as required.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support which includes but not limited to maintaining office equipment; meeting and greeting all visitors to the office; preparing for meetings; daily and weekly data entry; maintaining office supplies; generating and maintaining accurate records; inputting financial data and generating financial reports (including invoicing/accounts payable/receivables
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study
- 2 years of experience in general office administration
- Experience in a rehabilitation or employment services setting an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral; ability to produce grammatically accurate emails, letters and informal communications
- Keyboarding of 50-70 WPM
- Excellent numeric skills, with proven ability (through formal qualifications and/or experience)
- Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and databases
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player that has the ability to accept responsibility, and to cooperate and communicate with others to accomplish organizational goals
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Flexible to changing demands of the job
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au: 08/07/15
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Keith Duncan Position: Human Resources Manager
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.