MOSAIC is seeking a multi-skilled career services professional who wants to provide highly specialised support to internationally-trained professionals in targeted Business and Finance occupations so they can achieve commensurate employment in Canada.
POSITION: Career Services Advisor
DEPARTMENT: MOSAIC Employment and Language Services
Under the general supervision of the Coordinator, the Career Services Advisor provides a wide range of services including employment counselling, facilitation, and placement services and maintains excellent working relationships with clients, employers and relevant regulatory and professional associations.
· Good working knowledge of program activities, targeted local labour market conditions, standard office equipment, and word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
· Good cross-cultural communication skills, ability to develop employment-related curricula, ability to use program-specific systems
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing career assessment and action plan development, instruction to adult ESL learners, employment counselling and placement services
· Experience with successfully overcoming employment-related issues for immigrant professionals
· Track record of achieving program targets and maintaining employer relationships
· Highly organized and motivated. Possesses patience, tact, and flexibility
· Degree, diploma, or certificate in adult education, counselling or ESL studies preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered
· Background in Business and Finance an asset
· Career Development Practitioner certification an asset
· Fluency in another language is considered an asset
· Criminal Record Check required
POSITION TYPE: This is a full-time (35 hrs/week) position .
SALARY: $21.20/Hour to $23.86/Hour, might vary based on years of experience
Attn: Hiring Team
MOSAIC Employment Programs
Please reference Your Name – “Career Services Advisor” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word/PDF format) or fax. No telephone calls please. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE: December 12, 2016
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: November 29, 2016