TCET is a not for profit, progressive corporation.
JOB REQ. #: 2015-QCIC-047
POSITION: Jr. Information Counsellor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:Summer Student
LOCATION:Oakville – 171 Speers Road, Unit 20
REPORTING TO:Coordinator, Newcomer Information Centre
START DATE:June 29, 2015
END DATE:August 24, 2015
SCHEDULE:Mondays to Fridays
HOURS:30 Hours per week
SALARY:$11.00/Hour plus 4% vacation pay
SUMMARY: The Jr. Information Counsellor will assist with providing information and referral assistance to clients of the Newcomer Information Centre to address their settlement needs. In this role, the Jr. Information Counsellor will also provide administrative assistance and reception duties to ensure the smooth day to day operation of the Newcomer Information Centre.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist with the compilation of settlement and employment related information for newcomers
* Assist with the research and compilation of employment and accreditation information for foreign trained professionals and skilled tradespersons
* Respond to inquiries and assist with the booking and promotion of information sessions provided by Newcomer Information Centre staff and outside agencies
* Assist with updating and conducting research on government policies and related programs and services as they pertain to newcomer settlement
* Working in the information centre to assist newcomers and their families to obtain the relevant information that they need for themselves and their families for settlement in the community
* Assist with the maintenance of resources, flyers and information on training and education
* As part of the Newcomer Information Centre team, provide one to one assistance to individual’s accessing the Centre’s services
* Other administrative and reception duties as assigned
* Be between ages 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
* Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and must intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
* Be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
* Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
* Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
* Knowledge of settlement issues, education and training, regulatory bodies and or accreditation would be an asset
* In addition to English, the ability to speak other languages would be considered an asset
* Knowledge of refugee or immigrant issues with experience working with or volunteering with multicultural groups
* Excellent ability to conduct and compile research
* Experience working in a customer service or direct delivery of services to the public
Please submit your covering letter and resume to Human Resource Department
Via Email: email@example.com
By Friday May 15, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
*Please quote: 2014-QCIC-047 – Jr. Information Counsellor in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted