Goodwill, The Amity Group has been in existence since 1935. Yet again, Forbes Magazine has ranked Goodwill as one of America’s top 25 most inspiring companies to work for. In 2014, we gained momentum from 2013, climbing the chart!
Join our cause as a FULL-TIME JOB DEVELOPER for Goodwill, The Amity Group’s Halton Career Centres. Our full time opportunity is 37.5 hours per week, with generous benefits and pension plans. Please outline salary expectations in your cover letter.
• Community College and/or University Degree in related discipline, with 2 years’ experience
• Extensive background in marketing, sales, and employment counselling/job development
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed established targets in a target-driven work environment
• Deliver results independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
• Knowledge of local labour market, job search strategies, and techniques
• Excellent interpersonal skills; communicate well with employers and other groups
• Highly developed problem solving and decision making skills
• Proven ability to assess client needs and make appropriate referrals
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Strong organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of social media an asset.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Develop strong business relationships, establish and implement successful job placement strategies
• Review client inventories and contact potential employers to meet monthly targets
• In conjunction with the Career Development Specialists, support and assist clients in improving and implementing successful job search and job retention strategies
• Prepare detailed work plans and ensure timelines are met and results achieved
• Negotiate wage subsidy agreements and terms of employment conditions, when warranted
• Complete regular follow up with Employers and Clients to ensure job retention and satisfaction
• Support clients with one-on-one counselling and group workshops
• Provide support to Employers through the employment cycle: from job descriptions to postings
• Provide verbal/written client, employer, marketing and statistical reports as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
Please apply by July 3rd 2015 with resume & cover letter, by e-mail to: Emily Guthro, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by us regarding this position, please advise if you require accommodations.