Website Job Skills
(F/T Contract Opportunity – Based in Markham)
Job Skills is a non-profit organization, dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
JOB DEVELOPER ROLE:
To develop relationships with employers that help bridge the access and credibility gap for the participants of the various employment initiatives offered by Job Skills.The Job Developer provides matching and placement services to clients who are unlikely to succeed in conducting their own job search. The incumbent will be expected to travel in order to visit employers on site, complete contract negotiations and conduct monitors.
S/he plays a “hands-on” role of attending to client needs and issues in securing employment. S/he is responsible for establishing a direct relationship with employers — contacting them, meeting with them, encouraging them to provide opportunities for clients and troubleshooting when there are problems. H/She will troubleshoot problems with the Employer and/or Employment Consultant and the Job Developer Team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience, including Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Recruitment, Job Coaching and/or Development
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service delivery
- Assessment/counselling skills and techniques
- Advocacy for and on behalf of, compassionate, and empathetic with clients
- Knowledge of community agencies, services, resources and employers
- Intervention techniques and crisis management skills
- Knowledge of job search skills and the job search process
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle essential
- Must provide a clean criminal reference check
- Knowledge of EOIS Database and Employment Ontario programs considered an asset
- Meeting targets and objectives of the program as set by management and the funding requirements
- Promotion of program to local employers, and the development of employment opportunities for clients in employment programs
- Create and maintain a relationship with the employer community
- Work with the employment counsellors to determine client suitability for access to Job Development service, client needs and the options available to address those needs
- Negotiating training contracts with employers based on needs of clients and employers, including a wage subsidy if required
- Maintains accurate client and employer records within various databases and paper-filing systems
- Completion of regular monitors and follow-up contacts with client and employer to determine employment status and evaluation of client’s achievements in placement, and ensure compliance with the programs guidelines
- Assists in resolving problems and challenges between employers and clients as well as conducting exit interviews
- Adhering to the Health & Safety policies as set out by Job Skills
- Organizing and assisting with Job Fairs, employer-focused and community events
- Development of a pool of mentors/coaches to support clients/participants
Targeted Employer Engagement:
- Identify needs/issues of employers and suggest and develop solutions in conjunction with ES management team
- Identify employers who are prepared to dedicate resources to joint ventures (Champions) and communicate this to management
- Actively promote all Job Skills programs and services
- Attends staff meetings and participates in reporting and decision-making as required
- Identifies professional development needs and participates in training opportunities
Other Duties as Assigned
All Job Skills employees employed under an Employment Ontario Employment Services Agreement will deliver services in accordance with the agreement, service guidelines, performance and accountability requirements, standards and the community service plan.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodation is available to persons with disabilities, upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.