TCET is a not for profit, progressive corporation.
POSITION:Job Coach, Focus to Employment Program
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:Full Time Temporary
LOCATION:Brampton East Campus
REPORTING TO:Manager, Youth Services
START DATE:March 30, 2015
END DATE:February 29th, 2016
SCHEDULE:Mondays – Fridays; 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.(some evenings and weekends may be required)
ANNUAL SALARY:$36, 400 pro-rated per annum
SUMMARY: The Centre for Education & Training is a not-for-profit organization and is a leading provider of educational training and career resource services. With over 300 employees, the Centre for Education & Training provides a wide range of services to individuals, businesses, communities, and government agencies. For more information, please visit www.tcet.com.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Job Coach to join our Focus to Employment team. Offered in partnership with the Region of Peel, the program provides a 2 week group based job preparation program for Ontario Works recipients with 6 month follow up and support activity. Working with the Focus to Employment Program team, the Job Coach will identify and create job opportunities for clients by providing job search support and job retention assistance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide coaching and counselling post group workshop to program clients
* Develop customized job search action plans for program clients
* Actively gather job opportunities, hiring event information and networking opportunities and communicate them to clients
* Conduct active outreach to employers to promote the program participants and their skills.
* Research companies/employers to develop potential employment and placement leads and job opportunities for clients.
* Provide support to program clients, including job search support services, job opportunities, interview support, job search strategies
* Conduct follows up with clients on their action plans to ensure that they are meeting milestones and make appropriate modifications as needed.
* Accurately track all activities in the client database of job search and follow up activities for monthly reporting to funders
* Liaise with other Centre for Education & Training employment based programs and other community programs to gather job opportunities, information on hiring events and job fairs for job matching and referrals and action plan steps for clients.
* Assist clients to target resumes and applications where applicable
* Promote the Focus to Employment Program to Region of Peel OW Caseworkers and Employment Services Staff conducting presentations as necessary
* Provide backup facilitation of group based job preparation program
* Ensure that weekly and monthly follow targets are set
* Collect and keep data for statistical reporting
* Other outreach /marketing, and job coach activities as assigned.
* Post-Secondary Education and or related work experience coupled with a high school diploma
* 1 year job coaching experience
* 1 year of experience providing job search workshops or program facilitation
* Must have experience creating and customizing individual action plans for job seekers
* Excellent computer skills and demonstrated high level of communication ability – spoken, listening and written
* Cold calling experience is considered an asset, with demonstrated experience in developing professional relationships
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups – experience working with Ontario Works clients would be considered an asset.
* Goal oriented, highly organized , flexible and adaptable with superior time management skills
* Ability to multitask and manage a high volume workload with accuracy
* Demonstrated ability to conduct research and knowledge of how to prospect job opportunities
* Reliable, dedicated team player who is self-motivated
* Access to reliable transportation (Mileage is reimbursed at a competitive rate)
* Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Friday March 20, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
*All External Applicants please quote: 2015-QCIC-027 2EXT in subject line
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.