Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work (CCRW)
Youth the Future (YTF) is a project aimed at preparing youth with disabilities, ages 15-30, for work experience through classroom essential skills training and on the job work experience.
Location 1: St. John’s, NL
Location 2: Oshawa, ON
Location 3: Brampton, ON
Reporting: Reports to the on-site Project Coordinator
- Implementing, customizing, preparing and facilitating workshops on Essential Skills/Customer Service Delivery
- Developing and securing work experience interventions for eligible clients with the assistance of the Project Coordinator
- Establishes and maintains ongoing work relationships with employers; maintaining and encouraging job maintenance
- Work closely with Community partners determining job seeker selection and classroom accommodations
- Monitor on the job placements by assuring Job maintenance skills are utilized
- Discuss project deliverables with the Project Coordinator and while working to meet the clients’ program objectives and goals
- Responsible for the creation and the facilitation of workshops with the assistance of the Project Coordinator
- Communicates on a constant basis with the Project Coordinator and provides weekly reports to the Project Coordinator
- Weekly case conference meetings are conducted with the Project Coordinator respecting the status of each client and provide reports
- Experience in conducting workshops or presentations
- Demonstrated 2 years sales/marketing, recruitment and/or job development experience plus a proven track record to achieve predetermined target for number of unsubsidized employed outcomes is mandatory
- Post-Secondary Degree, majoring in a human behavior field
- Experience with identifying disability barriers and assisting clients to achieve their employment goals.
- Smart Serve certified preferred
- Ability to maintain ongoing relationships with employers and monitor clients at their job shadowing
- Creative, organized, innovation and enthusiastic
For Oshawa, ON: This position is a contract position with a start date of December 8th 2014 ending on September 4th, 2015 with the possibility of an extension.
For St. John’s, NL: This position is a contract position with a start date of December 19th 2014, to June 26th 2015 with the possibility of an extension.
For Brampton, ON: This position is a contract position with a start date of January 12th, 2014 to December 11th, 2015
All positions are conditional, subject to funding.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Anthony Parusis, Manager of the Youth the Future programs at email@example.com. Outline in your subject line and on your covering letter which site you are applying to. Please submit your application by Friday December 5th 2014 by 4pm EST for review.
Please no phone enquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.