TCET is a not for profit, progressive corporation.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:Full-Time Temporary
LOCATION:Brampton and Mississauga
REPORTING TO:Youth Service Manager
START DATE:March 16th 2015
END DATE:March 11th, 2016
SCHEDULE:Mondays – Fridays; 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ANNUAL SALARY:$50,000 – $54,655
SUMMARY: Over 52 weeks, from March 16th, 2015 to March 11th, 2016, Quality Continuous Improvement Centre for Community Education and Training will function as a Community Coordinator to provide Enhanced Employment Assistance Services (EEAS) and Wages Subsidy (WS) to unemployed people with disabilities, assisting them to enhance their employability and prepared for obtaining and maintaining employment or return to school. The Facilitator/Job Developer will support program outreach and marketing as well as participate in the selection of participants. He/she will facilitate workshops and provide individual coaching and employment counselling and job search for clients. This position will also include monitoring participants while on WS and conducting site visits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervise Admin/Liaison
* Initiate outreach, encourage and maintain public relations with the community
* Network with community businesses and organizations to ensure information and resources are current
* Develop promotional materials, and implement marketing and advertising strategy
* Provide one-on-one employment and career counselling to participants
* Identify, and approve allocated client funds design, implement and
* Provide ongoing coaching, assistance and encouragement to clients
* Responsible for onsite logistics, organizing maintenance and securing locations.
* Responsible for budget fulfillment, report writing, and gathering accurate statistics for the program
* Post-Secondary Education and or related work experience coupled with a high school diploma
* 1 year job coaching/job development experience
* 1 year of experience providing job search workshops or program facilitation
* Ability to supervise support staff with a focus on team work
* Must have experience creating and customizing individual action plans for job seekers
* Excellent computer skills and demonstrated high level of communication ability – spoken, listening and written
* Cold calling experience is considered an asset, with demonstrated experience in developing professional relationships
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, including those with disabilities – experience working with Ontario Works clients would be considered an asset.
* Goal oriented, highly organized , flexible and adaptable with superior time management skills
* Ability to multitask and manage a high volume workload with accuracy
* Demonstrated ability to conduct research and knowledge of how to prospect job opportunities
* Reliable, dedicated team player who is self-motivated
* Access to reliable transportation (Mileage is reimbursed at a competitive rate)
* Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
* Sensitivity to the diverse needs of adult learners and the multicultural community
* Must be able to travel throughout the region as needed
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources
Via Email: email@example.com
*All External Applicants please quote: 2015-QCIC-031 2EXT in subject line.
Friday March 13, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.