Website Job Skills
(Full-Time, One Year Contract Opportunity, 35 hours/Week)
Job Skills is a non-profit organization, dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
ALL JOB SKILLS EMPLOYEES WILL:
- Strive for excellence
- Commit to and support the organization’s mission statement and objectives
- Promote open communication within all levels of the organization.
ALL JOB SKILLS EMPLOYEES EMPLOYED UNDER AN EMPLOYMENT ONTARIO ES (EMPLOYMENT SERVICES) AGREEMENT WILL:
Deliver services in accordance with the agreement, service guidelines, performance and accountability requirements, standards and the community service plan.
The Employment Consultant works in consultation with the ES team to develop and monitor Employment Service Plans. S/he will conduct assessments of individuals’ employability dimensions to determine suitability for assisted services under ES. S/he will make appropriate referrals both internally and externally to community services to support successful Service Plan completion. S/he will assist clients in achieving employment goals by providing individual employment counseling including but not limited to Job Maintenance, Job Search, Career Decision Making, etc.
Client Service Planning and Coordination (Case Management)
- Works collaboratively with individuals to complete an Employment Service Plan
- Interviews clients to obtain employment history, educational background, career goals etc. using the Employability Assessment Model
- Identifies barriers to employment and assist clients to develop job readiness skills and job search strategies
- Assesses need for additional assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid and/or further vocational training and makes appropriate referrals
- Supports and monitors clients as they progress through their Employment Service Plans
- Liaises with job development services, facilitation team, information and resource team, government departments and other social, employment and community agencies on mutual clients as needed to facilitate clients’ progress
- Support clients in accessing programs such as literacy training, Second Career, Job Creation Partnership, or Self Employment Benefit (including rationale writing if required)
- Follows-up with clients at appropriate intervals to assess progress and record outcomes.
- Provides one on one counseling to assist clients in the achievement of their employment goals as identified through the Client Service Planning and Coordination process
- Counseling Assistance to be provided in the areas of: Job Maintenance, Job Search, Career Decision Making, or other identified employment needs
- Administers standardized assessments to determine client interests, aptitudes and abilities
- Supports the Facilitation Team through “on-call” delivery of seminars and workshops to clients, both in-house and as part of outreach strategies on an as needed fill-in basis
Information and Referral
- Assists clients in the use of resources and technology for job search activities on an as needed fill-in
- Participates in community activities and job fairs
- Networks with community and employment agencies as required
- Conducts outreach to clients and employers as necessary
- Enters accurate client data into EOIS
- Maintains file notes and appropriate documentation about clients’ progress
- Completes paperwork required for clients to access training
- Writes weekly reports and trends analysis
- Attends staff meetings and participates in reporting and decision-making as required.
- Identifies professional development needs and participates in training opportunities.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs other duties as required.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please indicate the position title in the E-mail subject line.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodation is available for persons with disabilities, upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
130 Davis Drive, Unit 14
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1