Website Eva’s Initiatives
Creating Opportunities for Homeless Youth
Eva’s Initiatives is an innovative organization that works locally and nationally to prevent, reduce and end youth homelessness. Eva’s Initiatives operates three specialized shelter facilities, Eva’s Place, Eva’s Satellite and Eva’s Phoenix, and operates a robust national program. Eva’s Phoenix integrates transitional housing with employment and training opportunities for homeless youth. We are currently looking to add to our vibrant staff team by filling the following position:
This is a full-time 3 month contract position with possibility of extension
The Employment Advisor/Facilitator is responsible for employment and career counselling, workshop facilitation and providing job readiness support to our clients while working closely with our multi-disciplinary team. The position involves intake and assessment of participants, workshop design and facilitation, developing training plans, and providing on-going support for our clients. The Employment Advisor/Facilitator will coach, support and monitor clients throughout their participation in employability training/workshops. The Employment Advisor/Facilitator is expected to keep up with changes in the field, have current knowledge of the Toronto job market and, together with their colleagues, develop and maintain innovative programming that achieves the highest standards in employment practices and adult education. This position involves Case Management of a caseload of clients and active participation in the Co-case management model.
The Employment Advisor/Facilitator will participate in the overall team approach of the agency, and the employment team.
The position works in a shelter environment with its associated stresses and with youth who may at times be in crisis and may demonstrate related behaviours. Staff will at all times be responsible for following safe work practices for their own safety and the safety of other staff and those using the services of Phoenix.
- Post secondary education in Social Services
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing or another Business program an asset
- 2-3 years experience in designing and facilitating workshops for at-risk youth
- 2-3 years experience in career and employment counseling for at-risk youth
- 2-3 years experience in Marketing/Recruitment
- Demonstrated experience working with at-risk youth from various ethno-cultural groups
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Access
- Valid “G” drivers license and clean abstract (3 year history) with access to a vehicle is an asset
- Demonstrated experience with writing resumes and cover letters
- Strong presentation and marketing skills
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of current labour market trends and employer needs in private and non-profit sectors
- Possession of YWCA Life Skills Level 1 and/or Personality Dimensions Level 1 an asset
If you are a committed, dynamic individual dedicated to excelling in a challenging environment, please forward a cover letter and resume by Tuesday April 4, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com. Please indicate “Employment Advisor/Facilitator” in your subject line. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or faxes please. Eva’s Initiatives thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In keeping with our efforts to represent the diversity of our community we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Eva’s is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.