Website Canadian Mental Health Association, North and West Vancouver Branch
Customized Employment Specialist Posting – full time position 35 hours per week
The Customized Employment Specialist position participates in the full continuum of support to clients seeking employment (full-time, part-time and community attachment) in an integrated community setting. Specific responsibilities include provision of a range of supports to individual clients including one-to-one counselling, direct job marketing to potential employers, independent job search support, liaison with employers and on-site job coaching.
Program Operation Manager in collaboration with WorkBC North Shore Employment Service Centre.
The successful incumbent will share our vision of, “Mentally healthy people in a healthy society.“
- Discovery – Conduct the full discovery process and complete a detailed client employment profile.
- Placement Planning – Prepare clients for work placement by revising current resume, practicing interview skills, and reviewing workplace expectations and tasks.
- Placement Services – Directly market program and clients to employers. Assists and/or obtains unpaid work placements on behalf of clients. Provides work-site orientation, job coaching and job maintenance with clients.
- Placement Support & Follow-Up – Provide on-site and off-site support to both clients and employers. Teach clients critical work skills necessary to maintain work placements.
- Organization and Evaluation – Solicit ongoing client and employer feedback on the quality of services through a variety of sources. Responsible for ensuring that relevant statistical and client reports are processed accurately, reflect professional quality and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Second language is an asset
- Experience working with multiple barriers to employing including mental health challenges and disabilities
- Three years’ experience in Customized Employment
- Familiar with employers, Social Service Providers and stakeholders on the North Shore
- Diploma in Marketing/Sales or Human Services
- Two years’ experience in marketing, negotiations, and sales
- Combination of relative academic and work experience
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle during working hours
Starting rage $24.00 – $26.50, plus benefits and employer paid RRSP contribution upon completion of probationary period.
Please submit a covering letter and resume by January 2, 2015
Jody Salerno, Program Operations Manager Jody.firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA North and West Vancouver Branch
Canadian Mental Health Association, North and West Vancouver Branch
211-260 West Esplanade, North Vancouver BC V7M 3G7
Tel: ext 229 Fax: 604-980-0336