MOSAIC is seeking a creative and energetic Coordinator to initiate and oversee an innovative project to test a new approach to connecting internationally-trained professionals with employment that matches their skills and abilities.
DEPARTMENT: MOSAIC Employment and Language Programs
CORE FUNCTION: Under the general supervision of the Director of Employment and Language Programs, the Coordinator is primarily responsible for establishing the Innovating for Employment Success pilot and research project, recruiting clients and employers and coordinating the contributions of partners to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
· Extensive knowledge of programs and services, teaching and research methodology, adult learning, local labour market conditions, standard office equipment, word processing and presentation software. Good knowledge of online training
· University degree, college diploma, or training certificate in adult education, employment counselling, ESL studies and/or appropriate combination of training and experience. Career Development Practitioner certification an asset
· Experience initiating programs and/or services and in supervising staff
· Ability to manage projects involving multiple partners
· Strong organizational skills
· Comfortable engaging with employers
· Proficient in word possessing, the internet, and email
· Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, written, and verbal communication skills. Possesses patience, tact, and flexibility. Ability to work with diverse groups
· Flexible, able to adjust approach in order to meet the requirements of programs
· Experience achieving high levels of client satisfaction and contractual targets
· Fluency (Verbal and written) in another language is an asset
POSITION TYPE: This is an eleven month contract position and is dependent on funding being finalized.
SALARY: $23.71 to $26.69 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
RESUMES TO: Hiring Team – MOSAIC Employment Programs, 1522 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, B.C. V5L 3Y2
Please reference “IES Coordinator” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format).
DEADLINE: January 9, 2015, 5:00 pm