TCET is a not for profit, progressive corporation.
POSITION:Assistant Job Developer, Employment Services
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time Temporary
REPORTING TO:Coordinator, Employment Services
START DATE:January 16, 2014
END DATE:March 31, 2015 (possibility of renewal)
SALARY:$ 32,323.20 per annum (pro-rated)
SCHEDULE:Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Including some evenings & weekends)
HOURS:35 hours per week
SUMMARY: The Centre for Education & Training is a not-for-profit organization and is a leading provider of educational training and career resource services. With over 300 employees, the Centre for Education & Training provides a wide range of services to individuals, businesses, communities, and government agencies. With our head office in the region of Peel, we operate seven (7) locations throughout the Greater Toronto Area. For more information, please visit www.tcet.com.
As part of the Employment Ontario (EO) network the Centre for Education & Training works with individuals, employers and communities to build the highly skilled, highly educated workforce that Ontario needs to be competitive.
Working with the ES Site Coordinator and Job Developer team, the Assistant Job Developer positions will focus on marketing and outreach efforts to promote the Youth Employment Fund (YEF) and job matching placements and incentives services (JMPI) to Employers and to clients in the GTA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conduct active outreach to employers to identify opportunities and promote the Youth Employment Fund and Job matching and Placement Support Services.
* Research companies/employers to develop potential employment and placement leads and job opportunities for clients. An emphasis will be placed on employers with opportunities for youth 15-29.
* Contact targeted companies via cold calling , social media, or other effective methods to inform them of the YEF and JMPI services and book appointments for Job Developers as appropriate
* Provide information, to potential job seeking youth or unemployed individuals about the YEF and JMPI services available to them including eligibility and suitability.
* Assist to organize and promote hiring/placement events to connect employers with job seekers
* Working with the R & I team, assist to gather and organize job postings for job and message boards at each site.
* Promote the YEF and JMPI services to organizations that provide services to Youth between the ages of 15-29
* Assist with data entry and organization of placement information and agreements as needed
* Ensure that weekly and monthly targets are met
* Collect and keep data for statistical reporting
* Other outreach /marketing, and job development activities as assigned by site Coordinator
* Post Secondary Education and or related work experience coupled with a high school diploma
* 1 year minimum customer service experience, preference in a business or information service environment
* Excellent computer skills and demonstrated high level of communication ability – spoken, listening and written
* Cold calling experience is considered an asset, with demonstrated experience in developing professional relationships
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups – including youth, unemployed, newcomers to Canada-businesses or other groups with specialized needs
* Goal oriented, highly organized , flexible and adaptable with superior time management skills
* Ability to multitask and manage a high volume workload with accuracy
* Demonstrated ability to conduct research and knowledge of how to prospect new clients
* Reliable, dedicated team player who is self-motivated
* Experience organizing and promoting events would be an asset
* Access to reliable transportation (Mileage is reimbursed at a competitive rate)
* Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary
Please submit your covering letter and resume to:
*All External Applicants please quote: 2014-QCIC-074 2EXT in subject line.
By Monday, January 12, 2014 by 4:00 p.m
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.