Website Job Skills
Job Skills is a non-profit organization, dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
Youth Job Connection Program will assist Northern York Region youth (between the ages of 15 to 29) facing multiple barriers to achieve long term employment, meaningful careers and success in their future working lives.
The program will provide participants with assessment and career development services, to increase their knowledge of job and career options, the job market and themselves.
In addition, opportunity to develop employability skills, training and work experience to increase their readiness for employment, support in their transition to employment or additional training or education, during and after the program.
Youth Job Connection Program provides a highly specialized set of services that can be customized to the participants needs. This consists of 4 components including client service planning and coordination, pre-employment services, job matching placement and incentive, education and work transition support.
The Administrative Assistant performs reception duties, communicating efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers. S/he is responsible for clerical and data entry support for Youth Job Connection (YJC) including Employment Ontario Information System (EIOS) database management and Job Skills ESIS database management system. S/he assists the Director and Manager of Employment Services in the collection and tabulation of data for the purposes of month end reporting and other activities related to determining Job Skills Overall Service Quality success.
Specific duties as follows:
• Follows standard procedures for receiving and directing calls
• Following established procedures, schedules appointments for the Centre
• Provides general program information to clients and refers appropriately
• Works cooperatively with other staff to ensure consistent and efficient reception coverage while providing excellent customer service.
• Manages work day to allow time for clerical support functions
• Prepares files and maintains filing system as required
• Types correspondence, sends faxes and distributes mail
• On daily basis ensures client data is input completely and runs reports.
• Ensures accuracy of data entered into both Job Skills ESIS and EOIS databases.
• Monitor operational needs and reporting to office manager as needed.
• Orders and maintains appropriate levels of general supplies and office supplies to ensure efficient office operation
• Handles all purchase order requests according to Job Skills accounting policies.
• Accountable for processing incentive claims/stipends following appropriate procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education in Administration and/or a minimum of 2 years’ reception/administrative experience is required
• Post-secondary education/work experience in finance/payroll considered a strong asset
• High level of energy and a positive attitude
• Experience working with people from various cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds including youth
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Superior oral and written communication skills including an excellent telephone manner,
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Access is considered an asset)
• Knowledge of EOIS Database an asset
• Experience with database management
• Attention to detail is required
• Ability to work in an performance based system with a proven track record of meeting targets and outcomes is essential
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location
• Knowledge of Employment Services and or Not for profit is considered an asset
• Performs other duties, as required
All Job Skills employees employed under an Employment Ontario Employment Services Agreement will deliver services in accordance with the agreement, service guidelines, performance and accountability requirements, standards and the community service plan.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Accommodation is available to persons with disabilities, upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.