Website Ability Learning Network
ALN is a service provider for ODSP Employment Supports
Employment Specialist – Ability Learning Network (ALN)
Ability Learning Network offers skills training, job development and employment placement services to people who require assistance in re-entering the labour market and maintaining employment.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Ability Learning Network, the Employment Specialist supports clients in the ODSP Employment Supports program to achieve their employment goals and to retain successful employment. Duties include resume writing, job search, job development, placement and retention services. The Employment Specialist will work directly with employers to identify opportunities that are consistent with clients’ skills and to encourage employers to provide employment and work experience opportunities. The Employment Specialist will work as part of the team providing employment services to clients who have experienced difficulty in finding and keeping employment for a variety of reasons including work habits, work history, health concerns, market perception barriers or interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary degree
- Two years related experience in sales, job development, or social service
- Experience working with unemployed adults facing barriers to employment
- Experience working with and persons with disabilities an asset
- Familiarity with employer outreach, marketing strategies and customer relationship management
- Knowledge of community services, labour market, occupational requirements, accommodation practices and job search resources
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines and to multitask, prioritize and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- MS Office software, email and internet proficiency
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume
Ability Learning Network welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.