Search in excerpt
Filter by Content Type
Jobs
Resource Listings
Events
Products

Open ContactPoint Group

Research project needs your input

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Donna Donna 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Donna
    Donna
    Participant

If you have experience working with employment-based social enterprises that hire individuals who have complex and/or multiple barriers to employment, I would love to hear from you – before July 25, 2013.

I’m undertaking a literature review (research, reports, books) to compile best lessons, themes and employment models that focus on employees with the following barriers:

1. Belonging to a vulnerable population group (Aboriginal, mental health issues, Developmental disability)
    2. Poverty
    3. Experience in the sex trade, corrections, and/or the child welfare system
    4. Language barriers
    5. Gaps in work history
    6. Addictions
    7. Homelessness or at-risk of homelessness
    8. Low literacy
    9. Domestic violence
    10. Lack of skills training, work experience, Canadian work experience and/or workplace accommodations

My research extends from Canada to the USA, Australia, the UK, and Europe (if reports are in English).

If you are aware of any research that has been done on building models of employment for the above populations, I would be grateful for links or to have files emailed directly to me at info@donnabarker.com.

This information is being compiled for a project called “Social Enterprise: Connecting People Facing Multiple Barriers to Employment Opportunities.” It’s a labour market partnership being lead by Enterprising Nonprofits in BC.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar