Advanis is a market research firm that was founded in 1997. They currently have offices across Canada including Edmonton (head office), Waterloo, Toronto and Montreal.
What kind of work is it?
This is telephone based work that is done from home. As a Telephone Research Interviewer your time is spent conducting market research interviews over the phone.
What are their requirements?
I’ve taken this directly from their website:
- a good command of the English language
- excellent customer service skills
- a typing speed of 30 words per minute
- a quiet, private place in your home
- a computer with high speed Internet service
- a phone line in the office space – if you wish to leave your phone line available for people to call in on ,you would need to have a second (separate) phone line
- a landline phone. No cellphones.
- a corded headset with a noise cancelling microphone. No cordless phones or speaker phones.
- a personal computer (PC or Mac)
(as of April 18, 2013 – http://field.advanis.ca/en/Job%2BPostings/ )
What are the hours and rate of pay?
The scheduling is flexible. There does not seem to be a minimum or maximum # of hours. The rate of pay is based on minimum wage instead of a per-minute basis. You are paid for the time spent in training. Money is deposited directly into your Paypal account.
Are they legitimate?
Yes. They offer real opportunities to work from home. There are no complaints registered with the Better Business Bureau of Canada.
Where do I find out more?